20.10.09

yoo young kyu!!!

www.yooyoungkyu.com

Young Kyu Yoo, artista koreano instalado en Brooklyn desde 2005. Esta foto pertenece a una parte de su obra que se titula “Combine of Shapes” en la que contrapone varias imágenes a modo de espejos mentales.


Also interview in Dazed and Confused Magazine:

Young Kyu Yoo moved from Korea to New York to broaden his horizons and learn all he could about contemporary photography. Now he is creating images that are softly erotic, humanly delicate, and deeply intimate. His work follows the similarities between our environment and the human body closely, celebrating the beautiful interconnectedness of all things…

What's


...your work all about?
I’m always thinking; all creation's directions, movements, combination of shapes. That means all creation have a shape in common and that are moving exactly in common.

...the one photograph you wish you'd created?
I cannot say I wish I`d created just one photograph. However, it would be every single photograph by Wolfgang Tillmans.

...the world coming to?
Who knows what the world coming to… But I do not want humans to control the world anymore.

...the best piece of advice you've ever heard?
Art cannot come before life.

...the most important thing for an artist to remember?
Art cannot comes before life! You can`t be an artist without your family and friends, life. Even a lovely pet. So I think most important thing is your own life for an artist.

...the most inspiring thing you've ever seen?
Everyday, every moment, every breath is inspiring to me.

...the cleverest thing you've ever done?
Maybe coming to NYC? If I didn`t come to NYC, I would not have improved my photographs.

...the stupidest thing you've ever done?
Also coming to NYC. I have been away from my family and friends for 4 years for my work. That still hurt me.

...next?
I`m going to go to Korea in November for exhibition at there, and I`m going to make own my zine in Korea.

...the point?
Not so sure. Perhaps being good to my family and growing.

What equipment/film do you use? What do you like about what you use?
Mostly Kodak big mini, Leica minilux, Canon 5D, film- Kodak 160nc & gold 200.

Who/what are your influences - art/film/literature/other photographers?
I think most artist give me influences. Especially Walter Pfeiffer, Wolfgang Tillmans and 20th century north European architects, furniture and most of sculpture.

No comments: